Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#222228 - 15/09/2002 17:07 Rioplay \dev files
lockeness
stranger

i have been struggling to get rioplay to work. i was looking around at the files in the tftpboot/default directory and noticed that all of the files in the dev folder are blank (0 file size, when i open them they are blank). This doesn't seem right. i used the tartool from rioboot.zip to untar the rioplay arf.

Thanks for any help

#222229 - 15/09/2002 20:13 Re: Rioplay \dev files [Re: lockeness]
dave
new poster

Loc: San Diego, CA
i used the tartool from rioboot.zip to untar the rioplay arf.

Sounds like this rioboot package somehow isn't handling the /dev entries correctly. I don't have a Windows box here so I can't really try this out, but I downloaded the RIoBoot file and took a look at it. I see there's a dev.tar file in there that has all the /dev entries in it. Anyone know what it's for?

#222230 - 16/09/2002 11:42 Re: Rioplay \dev files [Re: dave]
lockeness
stranger

the dev files in this package are for the jreceiver rio client. basically what you do to use the jrec rio is untar the receiver.arf (from rio), delete the contents of the dev folder and unzip the rioboot dev.zip into the dev folder. when i do this, it works. when i delete the contents of the default folder and untar the rioplay receiver.arf file, the nfs log gets stuck on the dev folder contents.

#222231 - 16/09/2002 12:36 Re: Rioplay \dev files [Re: lockeness]
dave
new poster

Loc: San Diego, CA
the dev files in this package are for the jreceiver rio client. basically what you do to use the jrec rio is untar the receiver.arf (from rio), delete the contents of the dev folder and unzip the rioboot dev.zip into the dev folder. when i do this, it works. when i delete the contents of the default folder and untar the rioplay receiver.arf file, the nfs log gets stuck on the dev folder contents.

Again, I have no idea exactly what either the RioBoot or the tar utility are doing, but here's my guess at the problem: Windows has no concept of the "special" files contained in the /dev directory. I looked at the dev.tar file, and it contains the same dev entries, but with odd looking properties. My guess is that RioBoot is seeing these special Windows versions of the /dev files and sending the correct information to the Rio instead.

Anyway, try this (if you haven't already): untar the rioplay receiver.arf, delete the contents of the dev folder and unzip the rioboot dev.tar file into the dev folder.

#222232 - 16/09/2002 13:49 Re: Rioplay \dev files [Re: dave]
lockeness
stranger

I did this and Rioplay worked!! Now of course I am having issues getting jreceiver to work right with rioplay, but this is a start.

Thanks